LP PENCIL Box
LP PENCIL Box Manager
Volunteers and Interns
Part time, hourly
$13-15 / hr
PENCIL’S TEAM VALUES:
Our work is guided by the needs of Metro Nashville Public Schools, is student centric, and is achieved through partnerships and tangible engagements.
As the PENCIL team, we will:
- Be collaborative and transparent
- Act with integrity
- Demonstrate kindness and gratitude
The LP PENCIL Box Delivery Coordinator oversees the delivery and pick-up of school supplies at the LP PENCIL Box. The goal of this position is to operate the free teacher supply store efficiently, allowing for teachers to receive supplies in a timely manner and to help pick-up more supplies from local sources.
The Delivery Coordinator will focus on the following impact areas:
- Keep up with all necessary van maintenance schedules and assure that the PENCIL van is in proper working order.
- Create and upkeep a van calendar.
- Deliver supplies to schools at least 3 days a week.
- Work with the LP PENCIL Box manager on making delivery procedures and routes for upcoming deliveries.
- Ensure the proper supplies are loaded onto the van for each delivery, and make sure pick-ups are unloaded and reported.
- Help with inventory management in the warehouse when not on delivery.
- Work with LP PENCIL Box Manager to ensure correct manifest is ready to load each delivery date.
- Create efficient routes to maximize deliveries
- Work with marketing team to capture pictures or video on occasional delivery
- Keep a maintenance schedule and ensure the van is in good operational use and stays clean.
- Make deliveries to schools and pick-up donations from donors around Davidson county.
- Inventory Management
- Ensure the van is loaded with a manifest list prior to each delivery
- Unload the van after each pick-up and count/sort donations when possible
- Help with sorting and pallet loading after large donations, including operating walkie-stacker to place pallets.
- EDUCATION – High School Diploma or GED
- SKILLS –
- Must be able to drive large cargo van and utilize straps and carts to safely transport school supplies to schools.
- Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation
- Creative and able to problem solve, set goals, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively interact with all PENCIL clients, staff, donors, and board of directors
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary
- Able to work independently and proactively without daily instruction is critical, but must work with and instruct a team as well
- EXPERIENCE – Previous work experience with deliveries or warehouse preferred.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CONFIDENTIALITY – ability to manage sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner as outlined in PENCIL’s Confidentiality Policy
- LICENSE – A valid driver’s license is required; ability to drive PENCIL Cargo Van is required
WORK SCHEDULE & HOURS:
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous activity during shifts.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25-50 pounds.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance
- The employee will drive a cargo van often.
Part time position, 20 hours a week from August to April. Work hours can be flexible, but must coincide with at least 3 delivery windows a week from 9 AM – 1 PM. Example schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8:30 AM-3:00 PM.
This job profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks required, it is to provide a general description of essential job responsibilities.
PENCIL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 2, 2019 to be considered for this position.