VP of Finance and Operations
Full-time, 40 hours per week
$17 - $18.50 / hr
PENCIL’S TEAM VALUES:
Our work is guided by the needs of Metro Nashville Public Schools, is student centric, and is achieved through partnerships and tangible engagements.
As the PENCIL team, we will:
- Be collaborative and transparent
- Act with integrity
- Demonstrate kindness and gratitude
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities are both very detail-oriented and yet require a high level of customer service. Ability to quickly take direction and execute tasks independently are critical to success in this role. The responsibilities are varied and will demand the ability to manage many open items simultaneously without letting any one item stay open too long. Must ask questions when more information is needed in order to be successful. Attention to timelines is also critical.
This position is integral to the high-functioning of PENCIL’s senior team, board of directors, and donor data management.
The Executive Assistant is to develop an extensive knowledge of PENCIL programs and organization policies in order to understand key priorities for each department. He or she will gain a proficient understanding of our donor database, Salesforce, with routine meetings with the Data Manager to maintain donor, board member, and donation data integrity to maintain accuracy in support of all departments.
Perform other functions as assigned, outside of the list below:
Donor Data Management
- Deposit checks and cash, and check bank daily for credit card and ACH deposits
- Reconcile donor database (Salesforce) records and financial software (Abila) records with VP of Finance and Operations - quarterly, post large events, and as requested in preparation of the yearly audit
- Assistance during financial audits
- Basic support as needed
- Code all donations and grants according to the revenue budget (with the supervision of the VP of Development and Marketing and VP of Finance and Operations) by creating ledger logs for the Accounting Assistant to input into Abila
- Enter all gifts and pledges into Salesforce, with descriptive donation notes ensuring all donor data/contact roles are collected and tracked accurately
- Create and mail all donation thank you/tax letters within 24-48 hours of receiving a donation or grant
- Manage campaigns, track donations and event attendance, and pull related reports from CRMR
- Assist Salesforce Administrator with data management (i.e. merging duplicate records, deleting inactive records, etc.)
Board Member Management
- General support for events
- Preparation of address lists and reports in advance of fundraising mailings (i.e. identify duplicates, update salutations, make address corrections, etc.)
- Manage timely delivery of annual mailings
- Assistance with committee and board meeting invitations, tracking that preparation is done timely, assistance with agenda and document preparation
- Assist in board pledge accounts receivable by generating invoices and online payment tracking throughout the year, with more focus during May-August, for timely payoffs
- Communicate with board members on behalf of President and CEO as requested and approved, obtaining personal and confidential information
- Weekly integrity check of current fiscal year board members contact information in Salesforce
- Print material folders routinely in support of PENCIL’s partnership and consulting team members
- Calendar management for VP of Partnerships and Programs, working closely scheduling meetings, sending calendar invites, and email reminders
- Facilitation of details related to PENCIL’s consulting work - contract management, initiating invoices, scheduling conference calls, managing travel logistics (flights, car rentals, hotels, expense reports), preparing documents and technological support
- Employee management
- timely notices to employees to complete self-evaluation documentation, scheduling of evaluation meetings on the partnership and programs team
- Hiring process - posting open positions, resume collection, candidate communications, scheduling interviews, on-boarding process
- Document management – edits and organizes PENCIL procedures for Partnerships, Administration, and Development
- Update job descriptions as needed and file employee documents
- Assure warehouse, kitchen, and office space is orderly; maintain office and kitchen supplies
- General calendar assistance for management team as requested
- EDUCATION – Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; Associate’s Degree at a minimum
- SKILLS –
- Success with mastering technology and using it to gain efficiencies (i.e. implementing an on-line calendar scheduling tool rather than using emails to schedule meetings)
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and hit deadlines
- Able to work independently and proactively without daily instruction is critical, but must display teamwork and conflict resolution skills
- Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- EXPERIENCE – 1 + years of experience in a similar role providing high-level assistance to an executive team member
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CONFIDENTIALITY – ability to manage sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner as outlined in PENCIL’s Confidentiality Policy
WORK SCHEDULE & HOURS:
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
This position will regularly be scheduled to work 40 hours each week, typically Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with occasional evening and weekend hours for special events. This position is eligible for full benefits.
This job profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks required, it is to provide a general description of essential job responsibilities.
PENCIL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and
answers to the following two scenarios:
- A board member, John Doe, has not responded to your first three emails regarding needing to complete his Board info form. We need to provide his info in a press release to local media next week, so timing is now critical. Please type a sample email to John in efforts to get his response.
- One of PENCIL’s VPs has just been contracted to travel to California to speak at a conference about what we do. The date is just three weeks away. Please describe in chronological order all the steps that you would take to prepare his/her travel, and to help prepare for the event.
Please submit the required information by October 4 end of day
, for consideration.